By 2020, it is estimated that there will be 20.4 billion connected devices- a drastic increase of 12 billion since 2017. We found that there’s a correlation between scale of adoption and return on investment (ROI) achieved. Among those with up to 100 connected devices, 28% are seeing “significant return or benefit”; that figure rises to 67% for those with over 50,000 connected devices. The key driver of IOT monetisation for CSPs is the strategy taken. Operators must offer more than just the connectivity for IOT devices in order to claim their share of the market potential.
The market for those operators offering the end to end solution (connectivity, devices, SIMs and applications) will exceed USD 200 billion by 2025. Depending on the IoT strategy taken, operators have the potential to claim a large part of this revenue potential. Openet Consulting help operators define their IoT strategies- IOT verticals, competitor landscape, partner ecosystem development depending on the strategy taken.
Our consultants also identify the blueprint architecture to monetize future IOT and 5G use cases and can make recommendations on IOT platforms to enable the respective strategy taken.
IoT Strategy Definition
- Market opportunity analysis
- IoT business case
- Industry verticals and target customers
- Commercial offerings and pricing strategy for IoT services
- Partner ecosystem definition and commercial models for partner engagement
- ROI model, based on estimated business
- costs and potential revenues
- Description of business processes
- High level solution architecture
- Technology gaps and integration of potential partner solutions
- Solution rollout requirements and dependencies