BSS TRANSFORMATION CONSULTING
Operators face challenges on many fronts. Data used per customer is rising by 70% per annum but the average revenue per customer is stabilising. Customer expectations are rising. Competition is set to intensify and is increasingly coming from non-traditional players. In order to attract new customers and retain their existing base, operators need to adapt to market conditions by evolving their capabilities and removing barriers that limit the delivery of new services. Operators must start to plan their IT transformation sooner rather than later. Without it, there will be little scope to turn technology into services, and services into revenue.
GUIDELINES FOR TRANSFORMATION
Operators have an opportunity to re-imagine their operations to leverage digital technologies. However, to address the challenges and uncertainties in the digital era, operators should look to;
1. Digitise operations: Do not ignore digitalisation of internal processes. Ensure that the digital strategy covers all aspects of the business and operational digitalisation to achieve a superior efficiency and cost advantage to compete with leaner and more agile competitors.
2. Look for digital practices beyond the telco industry: Adoption of digital technologies is evident not only within the telecoms industry, but also in multiple other adjacents and unrelated industry ecosystems. Operators must seek inspiration from applications and use cases across industries.
3. Transform at an optimal scale: Adopt an iterative, agile and impact-oriented transformation approach, starting with a handful of concepts taken through various stages to achieve tangible business results.
4. Adopt a robust governance model: Address the challenge of scarce capabilities and expertise for leveraging digitalisation in operations. The chosen governance model should include executive sponsorship, dedicated capabilities, expertise, and accountability to process owners to ensure an organisation-wide and sustainable transformation.
BSS READINESS ASSESSMENT
- Digital maturity survey
- Segment & customer analysis
- Business strategy alignment
- Business process impacts
- Business, product & service requirements
BSS TRANSFORMATION ORGANISATIONAL IMPACTS
- Governance structure / Operating model
- Changes to business and operations processes
- Operations automation and associated impacts
- Best practices for staff training and talent redeployment
BSS STRATEGY & ARCHITECTURE
- Digital Services and Enablement
- Enabling new Business Models
- Consumer & Business Applications
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Experience Management
- Campaign Management
- Customer Care
- Automation & Deployment
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Customer Insights & Behavior
- Digital Offer Life-cycle
- Digital customer experience