Evolved Charging: Convergent Control for new business models
Traditional “charging” has had a role of feeding CDRs and EDRs down to the billing domain. This traditional approach was associated with post launch “value capture” or “reduced revenue leakage” or perhaps “service definition” but in practice often suffered from technology silos. Some of the typical silos have been between: prepaid and postpaid, fixed line and mobile, consumer and enterprise, data and voice. This fragmentation, combined with lack of usability, has often continued to constrain even the most ambitious of service providers. It is no longer sufficient for an on-demand, self-service, digital economy where far more services need to be more rapidly tested in the market and much more easily controlled. Simplification, convergence, flexibility and completeness of monetisation are more critical than ever, especially in the context of already massive data growth and emerging 5G requirements: a single point of control for a much more powerful ecosystem
Real-Time, Open and Digital: Setting the Standard for Digital and 5G Monetisation
The Openet Evolved Charging Suite (ECS) offers a real-time charging solution that allows operator’s to more efficiently manage the rapidly evolving, converged rating and charging of user activities on the network. ECS is enabled by our cutting edge rating capability giving credit control to service providers, and spending control to their end users. It allows an operator to have a non-siloed, single solution for all subscribers. This enables operators to provide more relevant upsell offers and even hybrid pre and post propositions. Subscribers today expect real-time visibility and real-time provisioning of offers and plans. Batch uploads will not suffice. Giving users the ability to self-serve in real-time is key in the Digital era.
- Faster time to market and more control – Our Offer Engine is the beating heart of our Evolved Charging Suite. It allows an operator to self-configure offers faster, reducing time to market by up to 70%.
- Low TCO - ECS provides market leading price performance which supports full virtualisation or microservices and containerisation of all components
- Deployment Flexibility - Openet ECS supports various deployment models like full IN Replacement, adjunct charging capability, fully integrated Policy and Charging (PCC) all the way to microservices and joint development models (DevOps)
- Leverages Open Source - Openet ECS leverages industry accepted open source components, using Docker and Kubernetes for automating deployment, scaling, and management of services
Why Openet for Evolved-Charging:
- ECS is designed for ultra-flexible, agile and dynamic support of service convergence and new product or service roll-out in a rapidly evolving 5G landscape
- It supports easier adoption of new models for charging and monetisation, from concept to configuration and deployment
- Potential close integration with Openet policy control, - which also has next-generation usability
- The solution is extensible and supports the 5G Service Based Architecture and new models like Network Slicing. Our 5G charging capability can support dedicated instances per network slice all the way to network edge if required
- Highly evolved microservices technology ensures no more waterfall upgrades
- Openet is the most credible and proven independent vendor focused on real-time monetisation for 5G and independently verified as most effective, even versus large stack providers
OUR LATEST Charging THOUGHT LEADERSHIP CONTENT
Webinar: Monetization of Digital & 5G Services
View for this webinar to learn about the new approach to digitisation for 5G and digital services.
Whitepaper: Digital transformation and 5G - A new approach to charging that is ready for the world of 5G
According to a recent TMF report, up to 72% of 5G revenue growth is dependent on transformation of operational and business support systems (OSS/BSS). Then, there’s also the on-going digital transformation that every operator is going through. Not to mention the usual suspects of faster time to market, the need to sell a wide range of digital services, and the need to manage increasingly complex value chains. Openet has produced a detailed white paper on what monetisation needs to provide for digital and 5G services.