BUILT FOR SUCCESS
Microservices based charging for 4G and content services
T-Mobile Netherlands, with over 6M subscribers, is one of the largest operators in the Netherlands. In order to capitalise on the 4G digital content opportunity, T-Mobile wanted a charging solution that would enable them to be more agile in developing, launching and monetising new offers. They also wanted a system that would be 5G ready.
- Provide a centralised real-time charging solution for post-paid and pre-paid customers for data, voice, RCS, LTE and all IMS services, and be ready to support and monetise 5G services
- Provide real-time usage data for customer dashboards
- Support multi-device and family shared data plans
- Support MVNO requirements
- Create personalised offers
- Support rapid time to market for new offers with innovative pricing – such as zero rating of streaming music offers.
T-Mobile Netherlands can now offer real-time rating and charging for post-paid and pre-paid subscribers, providing subscribers with full transparency and a high level of control of their spend and data usage. Evolved Charging also provides converged IMS charging platform for all services, as voice and messaging are migrated from legacy charging systems. This enables convergent, real-time charging to all customers which will drive sophisticated charging models and fast launch of innovative services. As ECS 7.0 is built using microservices software updates can be made much quicker and easier. This delivers the agility T-Mobile need to support new digital services and generate new revenues. T-Mobile implemented Evolved Charging as an adjunct to legacy billing systems which enabled a much quicker and cost effective approach than replacing legacy billing systems
Helping Globe turn the Philippines into the digital capital of the world
Globe runs Openet’s Evolved Charging suite to monetise its data services. Openet charging system has enabled Globe to reduce its time to market by 40%.
Find out more
Microservices and DevOps: Leading the world in charging innovation
Bell has worked with Openet Charging for over 5 years. In response to the need for increased speed and agility in BSS.
Find out more