BUILT FOR SUCCESS
Real-Time Charging: Enabling fast services launch
BT is a truly converged operator offering full quad-play capability (mobile, fixed broadband, paid TV and fixed telephony services). By offering compelling mobile services, BT are able to generate additional revenue and build loyalty within their base.
Openet supplied their Evolved Charging Solution to enable BT UK to:
- Support voice, SMS, MMS and data services with real-time charging events
- Deliver real-time notifications to subscribers on reaching pre-defined thresholds
- Service whitelisting to reduce risk from service failure
- Provide bill suppression functionality to adhere to regulatory requirements
- Support bundle prioritisation – configure order of allowance depletion where multiple allowances for same usage type (e.g. voice or data)
- Smoothly handle mid-month billing reconciliation and bundle control where users upgrade mid-month
- Manage charging transactions for voice, SMS, MMS and data services on a single platform
Openet deployed its Evolved Charging Solution within extremely tight timelines to allow BT UK to quickly enter the mobile market. By supporting all services (data, content, voice) on a single platform, Openet can effectively control and manage subscriber charging events. The flexibility of solution provides BT with the ability to tailor the platform to meet their particular requirements and rapidly support enhancements to their mobile proposition as the service evolves.
Helping Globe turn the Philippines into the digital capital of the world
Globe runs Openet’s Evolved Charging suite to monetise its data services. Openet charging system has enabled Globe to reduce its time to market by 40%.
Find out more
Microservices and DevOps: Leading the world in charging innovation
Bell has worked with Openet Charging for over 5 years. In response to the need for increased speed and agility in BSS.
Find out more