BUILT FOR SUCCESS
Enabling fast services launch
BT group which includes BT and EE Mobile is a truly converged operator offering full quad-play capability (mobile, fixed broadband, pay TV and fixed telephony services). By offering compelling mobile services, BT are able to generate additional revenue and build loyalty within their base.
Openet supplied its cloud native Evolved Charging Suite to enable BT Group to:
- Support voice, SMS, and data services with real-time charging events
- Deliver real-time notifications to subscribers on reaching pre-defined thresholds
- Service whitelisting to reduce risk from service failure
- Provide bill suppression functionality to adhere to regulatory requirements
- Support bundle prioritisation—configure order of allowance depletion where multiple allowances for same usage type (e.g. streaming media or data)
- Smoothly handle mid-month billing reconciliation and bundle control where users upgrade mid-month
- Manage charging transactions for voice, SMS, and data services on a single platform
Openet deployed its Evolved Charging Suite to BT Group to enable support all services (data, content, voice) within extremely tight timelines to allow BT UK to quickly enter the mobile market. By supporting all services (data, content, voice) on a single platform, Openet can effectively control and manage subscriber charging events. The flexibility of solution provides BT with the ability to tailor the platform to meet their particular requirements and rapidly support enhancements to their mobile proposition as the service evolves.
“We have been an Openet customer for a while and knew what to expect in terms of its technological leadership and attentive service in helping us swap out our incumbent providers. We are excited by realising the potential of our new approach to service delivery and monetisation for EE Mobile”
Damian Brennan, IT B2C – Director of Solutions Development, BT
Helping Globe turn the Philippines into the digital capital of the world
Globe runs Openet’s Evolved Charging suite to monetise its data services. Openet charging system has enabled Globe to reduce its time to market by 40%.
Find out more
Powering 5G Monetisation
AT&T has been working with Openet since 2001. Openet have supplied innovative data management, charging and policy solutions through 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G.
Find out more