19 February 2002 Openet Telecom;[3GSM World Congress, Cannes, France] Today, Openet Telecom, world leader in convergent mediation, announces the launch of FusionWorks™ Wireless, a solution specifically designed to meet the diverse needs of wireless network operators who are facing the challenge of realising the value of their investment in 2G, 2.5G, 3G and fixed wireless networks.
FusionWorks™ Wireless from Openet Telecom provides an application insulation layer that enables wireless operators and independent software vendors to focus on their core business without having to be concerned about which technology is in the network, now and into the future. At the same time FusionWorks™ Wireless enables wireless operators and network equipment manufacturers to invest in and deploy new technologies regardless of how the operational, business and decision support systems will support them.
FusionWorks™ Wireless combines the award winning FusionWorks™ Mediation platform and the newly announced FusionWorks™ Pre-paid solution to form a solid foundation for the implementation, management and billing of advanced value-added services for traditional and next generation wireless networks in a pre-paid or post-paid manner. FusionWorks™ Pre-paid is currently being deployed at two tier-1 operators within Europe.
"Wireless operators are facing difficult times following their investment in 3G license auctions, they need to be able to recoup their investments as quickly as possible by rolling out new services and offerings," says Barry Murphy, CEO of Openet Telecom. "Entering this new wireless IP environment means that data volumes are increasing exponentially and operational, business and decision support systems are not designed to deal with this. Valuable customer usage data which is inaccessible is useless and in order to realise their investment, operators must understand that it is mission critical to install a scaleable and flexible, rules based mediation foundation like FusionWorks™ Wireless which converts the volume of data in a wireless IP environment into meaningful information."
FusionWorks™ Wireless provides a single solution that converges all diverse network elements seamlessly and therefore provides the following benefits:
- Keeps revenue flowing from 2G networks as 2.5 and 3G elements are added
- Allows wireless operator to bill on content, value, volume and quality parameters rather than just time and distance
- Makes the full service portfolio available to all subscribers of the wireless operator - pre-paid or post-paid
- Reduces roll-out times through the swift integration of new network elements and providing information to billing
- Increases equipment vendor independence so that wireless operators can select vendors on a best of breed basis
- Facilitates the integration of operation, business and decision support applications necessitated by mergers and acquisitions
- Reduces revenue leakage by improving the efficiency of data collection and the effectiveness of the processing of transaction data
- Collects and correlates wireless IP data to create the equivalent of call detail records (CDRs) which prolongs the life of legacy support systems such as billing and fraud management
- Reduces fraud through the ‘real time' correlation and distribution of information
- Provides data which improves market understanding and leads to development of value-added services that directly address the needs of their customers
In summary, FusionWorks™ Wireless improves wireless operator data access and flexibility, which in turn address wireless operator issues of profitability, ROI and customer churn.
Murphy concludes, "We see FusionWorks™ Wireless as the foundation for the future of the wireless industry. When it comes to securing the future of your business there can be no compromise! Operators will invest in FusionWorks™ Wireless because it is the best mediation and pre-paid solution for getting a return from their investments in current and future wireless networks."
Openet is a leading worldwide provider of event processing and transaction management solutions. The Transactional Intelligence of the company's solutions extracts increased value from diverse service provider networks, enabling rapid introduction of new services and reliable, cost-effective management of existing services. Openet is focused on delivering best-in-class network edge solutions and specialized engagement processes that create business value from network activity. A global company, Openet's implementations include long-running engagements with the world's leading service providers such as British Telecom, Orange, AT&T and Verizon Wireless. For more information, visit www.openet.com