Openet’s Parental Controls Application Enables Service Providers to Drive Youth Adoption
April 22, 2008 - Openet
DUBLIN, Ireland – April 22, 2008 – Openet, the leading provider of Transactional Intelligence for the world’s largest and most innovative service providers, today announced the availability of its Parental Controls application. Leveraging the Openet FusionWorks Product Suite™, Openet’s Parental Controls application enables parents to extend the convenience of wireless services to their children while still maintaining appropriate usage boundaries.
- Prevent children from using specific services;
- Cap the total amount of spending for children while allowing calls to designated numbers, such as home and emergency services, after the limit is reached;
- Limit the amount of usage by service, such as a maximum number of music downloads or gaming usage;
- Control access to services by time-of-day, day-of-week and specially designated times, such as peak hours, and days, such as holidays;
- Limit access to services based on the children’s location, such as while they are school;
- Block communications to and from designated senders and recipients;
- Only allow communications to and from designated senders and recipients;
- Control access to Web content based on pre-filtered Website addresses that are designated as pornographic, violent or other inappropriate content.
Openet is a leading worldwide provider of event processing and transaction management solutions. The Transactional Intelligence of the company's solutions extracts increased value from diverse service provider networks, enabling rapid introduction of new services and reliable, cost-effective management of existing services. Openet is focused on delivering best-in-class network edge solutions and specialized engagement processes that create business value from network activity. A global company, Openet's implementations include long-running engagements with the world's leading service providers such as British Telecom, Orange, AT&T and Verizon Wireless. For more information, visit www.openet.com.