Enabling Fair Usage and Shared Data Solutions
Based in Abu Dhabi, Yahsat is owned by Mubadala Investment & Development Co. Yahsat has coverage of over 140 countries (Middle East, Africa, Asia & South America). Yahsat’s main consumer product is YahClick (home, business & portable broadband). YahClick is the largest broadband service provider in Africa.
Openet supplied Yahsat with its Policy Manager with geo-redundancy to enable Yahsat to:
- Recognise and authenticate active IP addresses
- Enable service passes and quota purchases / upsell
- Control fair usage policy
- Enable tiered service support (throttling)
- Bandwidth controls based on available satellite resources
- Redirect (based on Balance State)
With Openet Policy Manager and geo-redundancy, Yahsat is ready for its next phase of expansion into another continent while also ensuring additional use cases and controls. Yahsat has been able to provide increased visibility of devices on its network and a stronger service-bundle controls as well as a wider range of future-proofing for service passes and higher- quality voice services.