SHARE THIS PAGE:
MANAGING AND MONETISING CONSUMER (PRE & POST-PAID)
AND ENTERPRISE CUSTOMERS ON A SINGLE PLATFORM
Sasktel is the leading provider of ICT services, including fixed, wireless, broadband, SmartHome and TV, in the Saskatchewan province in Canada. Providing a range of communications and entertainment services, Sasktel is growing its service offers to include new digital services. The company is also looking at how 5G will open up many new opportunities to generate new revenue streams and deliver the bext customer experience possible.
In order to quickly launch, monetise and manage new digital services and get ready for 5G, Sasktel worked with Openet to replace their legacy policy and charging systems with Openet’s Evolved Charging Suite and Policy Controller. The Openet PCC systems also contain mediation and SCP.
• Manage and monetise all Sasktel wireless services and provide a central offer catalog for fast offer creation
• Supports voice, messaging and data services for pre-paid, post-paid and enterprise subscribers.
• Provide flexible rules that use PCC to provide a range of functions including quota management, parental controls, shared data, quality of service, speed boosts.
• Provide policy controls support of VoLTE
• Deliver real-time notifications to Sasktel’s customers
• Provides APIs to support Sasktel’s self-service app - MySasktel
• Provide self-configuration to enable fast creation of new charging rules to enable Sasktel to monetise new offers
With the Openet systems in place SaskTel can quickly develop, manage and monetise new digital services for SaskTel as well as providing a clear, futureproof evolution path to enable new charging and policy use cases.
“At SaskTel, we are committed to delivering a differentiated customer experience that stands us apart from our competitors. Our decision to partner with Openet, underlines this commitment and provides us with the technology and capabilities to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations, both now and in the future. This includes ensuring we stay committed to innovation by identifying, creating and launching new offers that deliver healthy choice to our customers and helps maintain our competitive advantage.”
Jim Dundas, SaskTel Chief Information Officer