Developing Innovative and Personalised Offers that Increase Usage and Revenue
eir is the principal provider of mobile, ﬁxed-line, broadband and IPTV services in Ireland. eir sees mobile data pricing as a key to providing attractive and innovative oﬀers. As such, they needed to provide ﬂexible pricing and promotion models to differentiate themselves in a very competitive and increasingly price driven market. They also needed to be able to offer advanced pricing options that would encourage increase spend (e.g. increased value and frequency of pre-paid credit purchased).
Openet supplied Policy Manager and Evolved Charging to enable eir to:
- Provide flexible options for zero rating specific content services to make mobile bundles more attractive
- Deliver real-time up-sell oﬀers upon reaching fair usage limits
- Provide sophisticated charging & pricing plans in order to oﬀer attractive pricing options that encourage data usage and spend
- Provide real-time control for customers to encourage app usage
- Provide subscription based options, day passes, and data bundles
- Consolidate post-paid and pre-paid data charging transactions on a single platform
Openet’s policy and charging solutions are used by eir to support the provision of real-time controls and monetisation for all their mobile customers. They are also used to power innovative use cases, such as zero-rating of specific services, for example, social media, YouTube and games. This zero-rating of services was part of eir’s ‘More than
you can eat data’ offer, which was very successful in growing mobile revenues and the subscriber numbers, as well as providing a value based answer to a competitor’s ‘All you can eat data offer’.
In their Q2 2017 /2018 results, eir have reported that mobile data traffic has increased 81% year on year, blended ARPU by 4%, and prepay churn is down 0.5%. Having fast and agile charging and policy solutions enable eir to quickly implement innovative offers that customers value and providing a better mobile experience—growth in
usage and revenues.
"Openet’s Policy Manager allows us to launch new and personalised services that will enhance the experience of our subscribers and differentiate us in the market. As a result, new bundles and offers are already providing enhanced access to popular social media content. The development of our relationship with Openet allows us to continue our
commitment to digital innovation."
Ashley Morgan, Director of Service Creation, eir.