TM Forum Highlight: New BSS/OSS products stress dynamic management
June 2, 2011 - Openet
There were plenty of new BSS/OSS and CRM products to be found at the TM Forum Management World conference in Dublin last week, as software providers scrambled to offer new weapons that will allow carriers to hunt revenue opportunities in Cloud Services (among other places). Just some of the new product introductions included…
- Aito Technologies (Espoo, Finland), a provider of customer experience analytics (CEA) for service providers, today announced a new version of its CEA software product, Aito CEA 4.6. Among the major new features are: improved business metrics analysis, providing the ability for in-depth analysis based on device capabilities, and enabling efficient SLA management for corporate customers based on dynamic segmentation.
- Amartus (Dublin, Ireland), a developer of next-generation OSS and management software solutions for telecoms, announced its upcoming Service Commander™ 2.0 release, a major upgrade of its flagship operational support system (OSS) software featuring a programmable network API framework for dynamic, on demand connectivity service fulfillment across next generation (NGN) IP, and Ethernet & optical transport networks.
- CRM software provider Convergys (Cincinnati, OH USA) announced that its strategic partnership with Microsoft, announced in early 2010, has borne fruit. New Convergys CRM offerings will be powered by MS Dynamics CRM 2011, which should allow carriers to provide next-gen shopping and ordering.
- IBM (Armonk, NY USA) announced that it will bring its long-standing Service Provider Delivery Environment (SPDE) for network management into complete compliance with newly announced Frameworx 11 standards from TM Forum. Company VP Crag Wilson says, “This is also represents a natural integration of of our previously acquired MicroMuse and Valient platforms [acquired in 2005 and 2006] for network management and monitoring, respectively.”
- MDS (Warrington, UK), a provider of enterprise customer experience management solutions for service providers, announced the launch of its Intelligent BSS solutions portfolio, with emphasis on next-gen analytics and BSS flexibility. MDS Intelligent BSS combines three of MDS’ solutions under one umbrella, including: MDS BillAnalyzer, to provide e-billing and analytics capability; MDA Lavastorm to provide analytic capabilities; and MDS Customer Management Platform (CMP), providing rapidly deployable integrated provisioning, rating, billing and CRM capability.
- IT infrastructure software provider Monolith Software (St. Charles, Ill. USA) announced new enhancements to its flagship offering, in the form of Monolith Version 3.6. The enhancements simplify services delivery on IT infrastructures by adding virtual (cloud) monitoring support, customizable topology dashboards via intuitive widgets, and a 300% performance increase— accelerating productivity with a consolidated, real-time view of all complex service offerings.
- Openet (Dublin, Ireland), a provider of subscriber optimization software (SOS) to tier-one service providers, announced Openet Dynamic Context Router (DCR), a high performance, context-sensitive appliance. Openet’s Dynamic Context Router relieves policy, charging, profile and similar network elements of routing, traffic management and load balancing tasks. A 3GPP-compliant diameter routing agent, DCR provides a centralized, intelligent routing layer that improves operational agility, reduces administrative overhead and simplifies network architecture.
- Network performance software provider SevOne (Wilmington, Del. USA) announced its end-to-end 4G LTE and IMS network performance management solution that is now available by extending the capabilities in its SevOne Performance Appliance Solution (SevOne PASTM). The all-in-on SevOne PAS supports more than 15 performance metric collection methodologies, including SNMP, NetFlow, and IP SLA. The new SevOne xStats bulk data integration capability further delivers on the company’s vision of removing all scalability and affordability limits to data collection, analysis, and reporting, now for mobile operators, communications services providers, and cable operators for their LTE, IMS and backhaul infrastructures.
- Tribold (Seattle, Wash. USA) announced the latest release of the market leading Enterprise Product Management software solution: Tribold EPM Version 5™. New features include: product business intelligence, configurable workflow, change management that allows for batch release of product changes, and more standardized order capture.