IBM, Openet Partner For Telecom Center
February 15, 2011 - Openet
IBM has created a Center of Excellence for the communications industry. The Center of Excellence, which features Openet solutions, is designed to help service providers with new technologies to meet bandwidth demands and increasing customer service requirements driven by the growing use of smart phones, tablets, devices and the mobile Web.
The new Telecom Center of Excellence is based in IBM’s Telecom Solutions Lab in Austin, Texas.
The new IBM Dynamic Service Control Center of Excellence combines IBM technologies with the Openet platform to provide communications service providers the ability to control, monetize, and personalize services for their subscribers. Openet provides mediation, rating and charging, balance, subscriber and policy management capabilities, along with analytics for all functions.
The center allows IBM clients the ability to:
- Test new technology and proofs of concept in a “sandbox” environment
- Access a global pool of experienced subject matter experts in IBM and Openet technologies
- Access custom training tailored to Openet applications for intelligent service control
- Access and obtain support for other solutions including the IBM Cloud Service Provider Platform and the Service Provider Delivery Environment (SPDE)
- Support in using real-time analytics from Openet as well as IBM business analytics optimization resources including IBM Netezza, Unica and Cognos software for analytics
- Integrate IBM-Openet solutions in their own environment.