T-Mobile Austria is a key player within the Austrian telecoms market with 4.5m subscribers representing 31% of the market. Competition is extremely high in Austria and T-Mobile must be innovative and deliver flexible offers with a fast time to market that enables them to strive in a very competitive market. The solution will manage, in real-time, usage for voice, SMS and data events for all subscribers on a single platform to improve efficiencies and reduces cost. Openet’s virtualized, end-to-end IN-Replacement solution includes next generation Service Delivery Platform and a multi-tenant convergent Online Charging System.
Openet supplied their virtualized Evolved Charging Suite to replace the Intelligent Network platform to enable T-Mobile to:
• Deliver Service Passes based on varying quota and time periods
• Provide Speed Boost based on time
• Deliver Data Roaming Service Passes based on pre-defined roaming zones
• Support EU and Austrian roaming and domestic data regulations including re-direction and anti-bill shock notifications
• Launch time limited offers (e.g. 1 day, 1 week, 1 month)
• Store and manage prepay cash balances
By implementing Openet Evolved Charging in a virtualized environment, T-Mobile Austria will be equipped to support flexible business models to monetize data services while continuing to support voice and SMS services. This virtualized deployment will allow T-Mobile Austria to rapidly launch new offers and services for postpay and prepay subscribers on a single system. By tracking data usage in real-time subscribers will be notified on reaching data limits and presented with up-sell offers opening up a new revenue stream. The virtualized solution will also enable T-Mobile Austria to reduce costs, complexity and improve subscriber experiences.