A leading Dutch operator with over 5 million subscribers, Vodafone Netherlands wanted to create new revenue streams and optimize the usage of mobile broadband by delivering a better network customer experience in real-time. They aimed to achieve this by putting specific controls in place to enable innovative plans, shape data usage, provide cost transparency and ease network congestion.
Openet supplied its Geographical redundant Policy Manager with Balance Manager & Profile Manager to enable Vodafone Netherlands to:
- Enable new data services including shared data plans, advanced service tiers (based on speed, volume, or unlimited) and service passes (prepaid data and call/SMS bundles with or without automatic renewal)
- Shape and control in real-time the data traffic from subscribers during data session on the operator’s 3G network and shortly LTE
- Provide real-time notifications to ensure costs are clear and prevent bill shock
- Enforce fair usage terms & conditions and enable differentiated QoS for Vodafone Red data plans
- Enable subscribers to choose a different operator when roaming
Increasing data usage and an improved customer experience have enabled Vodafone Netherlands to out-perform all their competitors and increase their market and revenue share. The operator has implemented several new usage based data plans and provides a range of plans targeted at different market segments providing more choice for customers. This is paying dividends as Vodafone Netherlands reported an increase of 74% in data revenue in FY 13/14 (Source VF Group results)
As well as generating additional revenue, Vodafone Netherlands has been able to better optimize its network capacity, improved traffic management and been able to comply with bill shock legislation.
'Thank you for your commitment making this happen. It was an extraordinary event and together we managed to get this key network enabler back to service' Arash Ashouriha, Chief Network Officer, Central Europe, Vodafone.