Sri Lanka Telecom provides high speed broadband, telecoms and TV services and is the leading ICT (information communications technology) provider in Sri Lanka with over 6M customers. In order to increase broadband adoption and stimulate usage, Sri Lanka Telecom needed to provide ﬂexible usage based products that would deliver choice and ﬂexibility for all customers. As well as increasing broadband usage, Sri Lanka Telecom needed controls in place to protect network investment and optimise return on investment. They provide fixed LTE and VoLTE services to maximise high speed coverage.
Openet supplied Policy Manager and Evolved Charging solutions, enabling Sri Lanka Telecom to:
- Deliver volume and speed tiered oﬀers for broadband services
- Oﬀer ﬂexible upsell services when quota is reached – e.g. volume on demand, bandwidth on demand – with conﬁgurable speed and volume options
- Provide innovative product development – e.g. application user management (development of application based oﬀers – such as social networking oﬀers, video oﬀers, etc)
- Implement fair usage policy
- Provide policy management for VoLTE calls to ensure high quality telecoms services with wide coverage
Oﬀering speed and volume based tiered services with real-time quota management has enabled Sri Lanka Telecom to deliver attractive broadband oﬀers to all segments in their consumer and enterprise sections. This enables the customer to keep control of their spend and also provides ﬂexible add-ons to be purchased—e.g. additional data, or speed boosts for a given time.