Fixed line operator, Sri Lanka Telecom has over 6M customers and is rolling out high speed broadband services nationwide. In order to increase broadband adoption and stimulate usage, Sri Lanka Telecom needed to provide flexible usage based products that would deliver choice and flexibility for all customers. As well as increasing broadband usage, Sri Lanka Telecom needed controls in place to protect network investment and optimize return on investment.
Openet supplied Policy Manager and Evolved Charging products, enabling Sri Lanka Telecom to:
- Offer volume and speed tiered offers for broadband services
- Offer flexible upsell services when quota is reached – e.g. volume on demand, bandwidth on demand – with configurable speed and volume options
- Provide innovative product development – e.g. application user management (development of application based offers – such as social networking offers, video offers, etc)
- Implement fair usage policy
- Enable time-based policy for peak/off-peak usage
Offering speed and volume based tiered services with real-time quota management has enabled Sri Lanka Telecom to offer attractive broadband offers to all segments in their consumer and enterprise sections. This enables the customer to keep control over their spend and also provides flexible add-ons to be purchased – e.g. additional data, or speed boosts for a given time.