Leading Moroccan operator, with just over 11 million subscribers and 25.6% market share (February, 2016), INWI wanted to accelerate mobile data innovation and optimize the customer experience through real-time visibility and account control. The operator wanted a policy-based solution enabling them to rapidly deploy new services to subscribers and create new revenue streams to maximize network capacity investments. Overall, INWI wanted to unlock data innovation, accelerate time to market and offer more visibility to its customers.
The solution based on Openet Policy Manager with Balance Manager, Profile Manager, Offer Catalog and Interaction Gateway, provides INWI with:
- A single PCRF that interoperates with a wide array of other vendors in the network
- PCC monetization use cases such as ‘one day’ application service passes to Whatsapp and Facebook (combined)
- Advanced allowance management, roaming controls and real-time notifications to its 11 million subscribers
- Ability to shape network traffic according to the type of service being accessed and the time of day
- Quality of Service (QoS) controls for different segments (e.g. prepaid V’s postpaid)
- Enforce user terms and conditions and bandwidth limits in real-time maximizing the amount of available capacity for other users
- Support for VoLTE (use cases include video and multi-party conference calling)
- Support for tethering
- Enablement of shared data plans (family plans where various users with separate devices share a single bundle of data)
- Shorten time-to-market for innovative new use cases
- Geo-redundant solution
These new innovative services ensure new levels of offer transparency and Balance Management to maximize customer quality of experience, control local and roaming traffic and reduce bill shock.
Bernard Buyat, CTO, INWI said: “Being agile and having the flexibility to react to and capitalize on new market opportunities is a critical contributor to our ongoing success. Our partnership with Openet ensures we offer a high quality and differentiated service to our customers and ensure they remain firmly in control of their service usage. INWI remains completely committed to offering our customers innovation and transparency, with the ability to rapidly react to new opportunities. Openet provides this flexibility.”