Orange Egypt (previously Mobinil), a leading Egyptian mobile operator, with over 35M subscribers, wanted to increase data usage and revenues by providing control to subscribers in terms of cost transparency, offer presentation and real-time usage notifications. This approach is not just about providing anti-bill shock measures, it’s also about delivering a better customer experience by giving customers full visibility and control, and enabling them to buy additional data add-ons and application packages. Following an initial rollout on its mobile network, Orange has evolved its FMC offering for both Wi-Fi, ADSL and associated bundles.
Openet supplied its Policy Manager product with its Interaction Gateway, Balance Manager, Offer Catalog and Real Time Offer Manager delivered through the PCC Insight module to enable Orange to:
- Deliver real-time self-care to subscribers to enable them to control their usage and costs
- Provide flexible bundle options e.g. purchase of data add-ons, application service passes packages such as Social, music and YouTube add-ons
- Provide intelligent local and roaming capability with multiple SMS notifications, redirections, spend limits and dynamic roaming expirations
- Fixed-line policy control with bandwidth on demand / speed boosts
- Enable next-best action based on subscriber behavior through real-time offer management
Openet is delivering proactive subscriber engagement to Orange Egypt by providing transparency of usage and cost to users as well as stimulation of upsell. Subscribers know exactly how much they’re spending and if their data allocation is consumed then they can quickly and easily top up with new blocks of data. Providing real-time usage information and enabling customers to set their own spending limits and buy data and service add-ons when they want them is seen as key to providing a personalized service and delivering a better experience.
'I’d like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to your team member’s continuous and endless support. The objectivity, professionalism, availability and extensive knowledge that he puts into the support that he delivers to us, forms a main pillar of a sound and successful partnership with Openet.' Peter Rafeet, Senior Manager, Broadband and Data Services, Orange Egypt.