Operating under the brand name Spectrum, Charter is a leading North American cable and broadband operator with 27.5 million customers oﬀering cable television, high speed internet and voice services. In order to improve customer experience and deliver additional value, they needed to gather information on real-time video viewing behaviours to produce impactful, information rich analytic solutions.
Charter had also merged the customer bases of Charter, Time Warner and Brighthouse Networks and wanted to centralised function to manage the new combined customer base. This included providing a centralised platform for handling new VoIP service plans and provide a faster and easier way to launched new products and offers.
Openet supplied their Audience Insight Solution and components of the Digital Business Platform to enable Charter to:
- Collect TV information from set-top boxes including channel change event data, video on demand (VOD), advertising and digital video recorder (DVR) data
- Enrich the data with information on customer accounts and equipment data
- Integrate with data partners to deliver business analytics reports enabling our customer to make business decisions
- Evaluate the eﬀectiveness of marketing campaigns and promotions
- Provide fast time to market and customer self-service for voice services
Charter is able to gain deep insight into how their subscribers are engaging with their services to enable them to develop customised customer proﬁle models which enable advertisers to reach the right customers, at the right time. This 360 degree view of the subscriber enables Charter to improve the overall experience for their base through personalised oﬀers and services.