BT Mobile sees the fixed line incumbent, which has 25.5 million customers, become a true converged operator offering a full quad-play capability (mobile, fixed broadband, paid TV and fixed telephony services).
BT has installed Openet’s NFV-ready Evolved Charging solution. The market leading converged service provider has selected Openet’s virtualized, real-time BSS technology to monetize its consumer mobile service. BT Mobile will harness the added agility and flexibility of Openet’s real-time charging platform to drive fast time-to-market for its new MVNO venture.
By deploying Openet’s innovative virtualized charging platform, BT will be able to:
- Rapidly test and introduce new mobile services
- Quickly adopt new business models and minimize associated costs
- Drive advances in customer experience for BT’s mobile users by providing real-time insights enabling customers to have complete control over their mobile services
- Provide immediate visibility to balances, usage notifications and manage customer usage allowances
- Customer bundle plans and associated add-ons can be prioritized and re-calculated mid bill cycle and allow subscribers to be auto-upgraded to higher allowances.
“Openet were instrumental in enabling us to meet our target launch date. The quality of the resources and technical design supplied by Openet allowed us to work collaboratively to deliver a solution to support the highest customer service quality,” says Mark O’Flaherty, Director BT Consumer IT. “We required flexible technology that gives us the ability to react to rapidly changing market conditions. Openet’s virtualized charging solution is perfect for our needs and ensures we have a highly competitive UK market proposition that will help us quickly grow market share.”